Saturday, July 9, 2011

I love cards…

I made some round cards, I haven’t made this shape in awhile. I attach the front and back of the card together with a little eyelet, so you swivel them open.

My first card is a birthday celebration card. I made it using Pink Paislee Soiree papers along with some of the Tattered Angels Soiree Color Connections paints. There are four Glimmer Mist in the Soiree Color Connections Kit (Dark Denim, Party Pink, Aquamarine, and Marigold). I used the latter two colors on this card. I sprayed pools of Marigold and Aquamarine GM on the large scalloped circle and then I applied just a quick centered spray of Aquamarine GM on the small doily.



The next two cards are general cards, without a sentiment on the outside or inside. I like having some blank cards around for those moments when you need something quick. I used a doily diecut as a mask and sprayed Marigold and Aquamarine Glimmer Mist onto the scalloped background paper. Then I sprayed two smaller doilies with GM. I used a mix of Sunflower and Lemon Zest GM on one and Aquamarine GM on the other. The little butterfly in the center is made of wood. I sprayed it with Lemon Zest GM and the painted the top layer with Paradise Pink Glimmer Glaze.



OK – my last card is a little similar to the second card. In fact the green doily on this third card is what I used as the mask on the second card. Here, I layered it over a large scalloped circle which I sprayed with a mix of Lemon Zest and Vintage Pink GM. The small doily is sprayed with Coffee Shop GM. The butterfly in the center of this card is lace. I sprayed it with Lemon Zest and Vintage Pink GM and then I added a little Orange Crush and Cowboy Glimmer Glazes. I topped it off with a couple of these really cool iridescent green gems I got at Michaels, they are so pretty!



That’s it for me today! Take care and thanks for stopping by the blog today. Patty

No comments: